Virtual Design & Construction Coordinator – Visualization Specialist
Rodgers is looking for a VDC Senior Coordinator – Visualization Specialist to join our Charlotte team.
Requirements / Experience
- Architectural Tools – Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks Manage, AutoCAD, and other BIM design software
- Visualization Tools – Lumion, Enscape, Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, other
- A strong understanding of lighting and rendering affects is preferred
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Manage BIM efforts throughout all phases of design and construction. Special focus on high-end visualization, virtual reality and animation.
- Generate and produce architectural renderings, virtual reality models and construction related animations.
- Assist all Business Development efforts with BIM graphics and visualization.
- Develop workflow standards from BIM to augmented reality mockups.
- Model architectural, structural, and MEP systems for 3D trade coordination and conflict resolution.
- Generate clash reports and tracking information to assist project teams in coordination.
- Participate in meetings with project teams and easily communicate issues, changes, and resolutions.
- Understand the communication process between architects, engineers, owners, and contractors.
- Document discrepancies and conflicts within Construction Documents.
- Work with Field Engineers and Superintendents to provide accurate models of existing conditions.
- Modify and export models as needed by project team to help facilitate construction efforts.
- Provide on-site support to project teams using BIM implementation.
- Strong understanding of all CAD and BIM software and systems.
- Participate and support local organizations related to BIM and technology including but not limited to: Charlotte Revit User Group, BIM Technology Group and AIA TAP (Technology in Architectural Practice)
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities
- 4 year degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related fields – preferred
- 5 to 10 years experience in a Design or Construction related industry
Comprehensive benefit package: Paid Days Off, Sick Days Off, Holidays, Jury Duty Leave, Family Leave, Medical Leave, Short/Long-Term Disability, Pre-tax Insurance Premium Plan, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Retirement Plan, Education and Training Reimbursement and competitive salary. EOE