Virtual Design & Construction Coordinator – Charlotte, NC
Rodgers has an immediate need for a full-time VDC (Virtual Design & Construction) Coordinator in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Requirements / Experience
- 4-year degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related fields
- Software Tools – Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks Manage, CAD, 3D Studio Max and other BIM design software
- A strong understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Manage Building Information Modeling (BIM) efforts throughout all phases of design and construction.
- Construct virtual models for civil, architectural, structural, and MEP systems for 3D trade coordination and conflict resolution
- Generate 3D models for estimating and coordination purposes from Construction Documents
- Generate clash reports and tracking information to assist project teams and sub-contractors in coordination
- Participate in meetings with project teams and easily communicate issues, changes, and resolutions.
- Understand the communication process between architects, engineers, owners, and contractors.
- Update BIM’s and contract documentation per revisions, Bulletins, and RFI’s.
- Document discrepancies and conflicts within Construction Documents
- Work with Field Engineers and Superintendents to assists in layout and surveying of coordinated systems and structural grids
- Modify and export models as needed by the project team to help facilitate construction efforts.
- Provide on-site support to project teams using BIM implementation.
- Willingness to learn and use different CAD/BIM software and systems.
- Ability to read and understand Construction Documents
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities
- Paid Days Off
- Sick Days Off
- Jury Duty Leave, Family Leave, Medical Leave
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Pre-tax Insurance Premium Plan
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Education and Training Reimbursement
- Competitive salary
Comprehensive benefit package: