Preconstruction Project Manager – Charlotte, NC
Rodgers has an immediate need for a Preconstruction Project Manager in Charlotte, NC.
Requirements / Experience
- Minimum of 10 years pre-construction experience as well as field experience
- Demonstrate effective use of technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint) programs and estimating / construction related software
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and time management
- Must be confident leading multiple estimating efforts concurrently of varying sizes, and be capable of leading hard bid, negotiated and conceptual projects
- Possess strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership/coaching skills and the ability to influence others
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Lead preconstruction services and estimate preparation for assigned projects including overall estimate completeness, accuracy and control of project budget
- Knowledge of pricing in multiple standard commercial trades
- Provide collaborative preconstruction services (input, coordination, and problem solving) to clients and design teams for assigned projects
- Understand complete project scope without complete documents
- Communicate drawing completion level expectations to design team for various design milestones
- Able to properly develop scope responsibility for multiple trades
- Meet with owners, design team members and subcontractors
- Attend presentations to owners
- Develop pricing books and cost study documentations
- Establish overall bid packaging and bid alternates strategy for projects
- Coordinate issuance of early release packages to support project schedule
- Review project plans and specifications for constructability and completeness
- Monitor design to control project costs between milestone estimates
- Prepare detailed variance reports to explain differences between milestone estimates
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities.
Paid days off, sick days, holidays, jury duty leave, family leave, medical leave, short/long-term disability, pre-tax insurance premium plan, life and accidental death insurance, retirement plan, education and training reimbursement and competitive salary.