Thompson Child & Family Focus
Child Development Center – Clanton Road Campus
Rodgers constructed a new Child Development Center for Thompson Child & Family Focus, an organization that began as an orphanage in 1886.
The single-story, 24,160-square-foot, wood and steel frame building with brick trim has skylights and three solar panels on the roof. Landscaping on the 4-acre property included installation of a rain garden (bioretention area).
The colorful front entrance has a steel/EIFS canopy with various recessed shapes painted a variety of colors to enhance the atmosphere for the children. Inside there are classrooms, offices, and a large outreach/training room.